Home Choose a University Universita Degli Studi di Genova
Universita Degli Studi di Genova
Registration and Course Selection
During the Registration Fai, faculty student tutors assist new students.
HOW TO CONFIRM THE ENROLMENT
by presenting the enrolment form printed at the moment of the online pre-registration.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ENROLMENT
- receipt of online data entry printed at the end of the pre-registration
- payment receipt of University/ARSU tuition fees if no application for scholarship has been submitted
- payment receipt of €14.62 for stamp duties if application for scholarship application has been submitted
- statement of the family income by ISEE certificate issued by CAF (fiscal assistance centre)
- valid identification and relative photocopy of both sides to be submitted
- taxpayer’s number (codice fiscale)
- certificate or substitutive statement (art. 47 D.P.R. 445/2000) of high school diploma valid for University registration.
- a recent passport size photo printed on high quality paper
Follow link for invaluable information on setting up & getting about:
Arrival and Transportation
Genova airport is directly accessible with Ryanair:
On arrival the city & university are easily accessible by either train or bus,
On arrival check in with the SASS, their activities include:
- support the search for living arrangements
- support for the issue of residence permit
- support for the issue of the tax code and the administrative paperwork
Services are held at the International Mobility and Foreign Students Welcome at the following times:
- Monday to Friday 9.00-12.00, Tuesday and Wednesday 14:30 to 16:00
ContactsVia Bensa 1, 2nd Floor
tel. (+39) 010 209 9665 - (+39) 010 209 5041
Call Center: (+39) 010 209 9545
Lots of students clubs & activities, welcome meeting and orientation week, follow link for more information:
Town and Living
Fabulous Old Town, culture & history lovers will adore this place, plenty to do in the line of bars & nightclubs too!
Cost of Living
Cost of living is similar to Ireland, but shopping around does pay-off.
Hints and tips
The following link is useful for International students in setting up at the University:
If you want to study in Italy, you must hold a permit of stay in order to stay legally in the Italian territory in accordance with the visa issued by the Italian Consular or diplomatic authorities in your country of origin before your departure.
The Request for the permit of stay must be made WITHIN 8 WORKING DAYS after your arrival in Italy. The Permit of stay is issued by the Police Headquarters (or “Questura”) in Trieste and entitles you to temporarily live in Italy. For full details follow link:
Know a little Italian, it goes a long way.